Since 1983, the Men’s Club of Jewish Senior Services has communicated the important work of The Jewish Home through its contribution of volunteer and financial support. These efforts have identified and produced talented new leadership to help Jewish Senior Services thrive.
Making A Difference Together
The Men’s Club offers a variety of social and fundraising activities held throughout the year that appeal to a diverse membership. The George Lipton Golf and Tennis Invitational draws participants from the tri-state area for a memorable day. The Family Day Celebration is held at The Jewish Home and brings together multi-generations for laughter, music and fun for the Residents and their families.
Funds raised from Men’s Club activities and events are given to Jewish Senior Services to improve the quality of life and care of Residents and clients. This past year the Men’s Club has allocated money in the following ways:
- $60,000 to The Journey to Home Capital Campaign
- $15,000 for Family Day
- $10,000 for Medical Equipment
- $10,000 for the Satellite TV System
- $10,000 for the Speech Therapist
- $3,500 for the Residents’ Men’s Club Outing
- $2,500 for the Residents’ New Year’s Eve Party
Looking Toward the Future
The Men’s Club’s mission reflects that of Jewish Senior Services – to secure Jewish Senior Services’ continued excellence for future generations in need. In 1995, the organization launched its Endowment Campaign to create a $25 million endowment to achieve this mission. As a valued fundraising partner of Jewish Senior Services, the Men’s Club has raised over $1 million dollars toward this effort. Special Residents’ programming continues to be funded, as do capital projects that enhance The Jewish Home and its Residents.
Membership and Benefits
Members of the Men’s Club are informed, concerned and involved, and represent the community within and beyond Fairfield County. Its members create and take part in educational, cultural and social programs that advance the interests of Jewish Senior Services, help cultivate future lay leadership and provide a sense of personal fulfillment.
Benefits of membership in the Men’s Club include:
- Personal reward while making a difference in the lives of Residents.
- Involvement in a committed network of over 500 professional, business and community leaders, leading to valuable contacts.
- Chai Lights – a newsletter dedicated to news about Jewish Senior Services.
- Opportunity for leadership positions including the Men’s Club’s Board of Directors.
- Personal satisfaction of knowing you make a difference for The Jewish Home’s Residents.
- Invitation to all Men’s Club events
- Chai Lights subscription
- Updates on Men’s Club activities
- Same as $75/year membership
Payable over three (3) years. Name permanently engraved on a plaque displayed on the Men’s Club Life Membership Wall.
George Lipton Fellow
Payable over three (3) years. Name permanently engraved on a plaque displayed on the Men’s Club’s Life Membership Wall. ($1,000 for Life Membership and $1,500 towards Endowment).
Become a member of the Men’s Club
For more information please contact the Foundation at (203) 365-6407 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.