We are pleased to announce that Jewish Senior Services (JSS) will once again sponsor a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Training Program for qualified candidates. This course will teach the essential skills required to care for individuals living or recuperating at Jewish Senior Services or in their home in the community.
This program, fully sponsored by JSS, pays all expenses including tuition, required materials and books. The 8-week course features combined classroom and clinical education. Classes will begin on February 3, 2020 and end on March 25, 2020. Classes will take place: Monday through Wednesday (3 days) from 4:00 – 8:30 pm. This is a total of 108 hours. All classes take place in the Education Suite at Jewish Senior Services.
Any Jewish Senior Services employee, in good standing, who is interested in this program, should submit the following to Employee Relations for consideration by Thursday, January 23, 2020 by 3:00pm:
- Letter of interest that outlines why JSS should
- Letter of recommendation from your Supervisor
- Letter of recommendation from a non-related personal
External candidates will be required to pass a written skill assessment and must submit the following to Employee Relations by Thursday, January 23, 2020 by 3:00pm in person:
- Letter of interest that outlines why JSS should sponsor you
- 2 Letters of recommendation from non-related personal references
- A completed Jewish Senior Services Employment Application (to be completed online at www.jseniors.org)
Interviews to select qualified candidates will take place week of January 27th. Selected candidates will receive the following:
- Free class tuition
- Free books and miscellaneous course materials
- An offer of employment to work in one of our positons in long or short term or Home Care (hours and assignments determined by organizational needs. *Note: some weekends are required as part of schedule)
***Please note: Selected applicants will be responsible for purchasing white scrubs, white shoes and a watch with a second hand.
Requirements include the following:
- Selected employees must be an employee in good standing (this includes attendance), and have passed pre-screening requirement
- External candidates: criminal background check and drug test, physical and PPD
- Valid CT Drivers License, DMV check for Home Care employees
- Reliable transportation
- Availability to attend the course for 8 weeks and meet punctuality and attendance standards
- Agreement to work at Jewish Senior Services as a full time employee for one (1) year upon receiving certification (hours and assignment to be determined by the needs of JSS and may include some hours at JSS and Home Care)
- Agreement to repay the cost of the program ($1,000) if unable to fulfill agreement or complete course
We are excited to offer this opportunity to interested, eligible employees and external candidates and encourage employees to share this memo with friends and family who may be interested in this program as well. Please contact Employee Relations at (203) 365-6457 if you have any questions regarding this program or any other JSS-sponsored program or benefit.